“Group of 2-3” Caviar Training & Tasting (up to 3 participants)
This package costs £250 for up to 3 participants. Tasting comprises 30g total of each caviar (30g Baerii, 30g Imperial Oscietra Gold and 30g Beluga). Toast, crème fraîche & 1 vodka shot per person included.
Caviar Artisan presents “Caviar Training & Tasting” - a mini masterclass open to anyone and everyone interested in becoming a Caviar Aficionado. Learn about the fascinatingly chequered history of Caviar, different varieties, the etiquette of serving & art of enjoying this luxurious delicacy. Receive a certificate of attendance after the session.
Hosted by an Industry Expert
Hosted by our in-house Caviar Industry Specialist (with family ties to the trade for over 30 years)- who will share true tales of London’s 1980 secret Caviar trade and take you on a journey into the hidden past, culture, varieties & features of caviar.
Caviar Training and Tasting is an interactive 60 minute experience at Caviar Artisan’s Caviar Cellar in Notting Hill Gate.
The Caviar tasting includes Caviar Artisan’s finest trio:
• 30g Royal Baerii - served with a shot of vodka* in keeping with Russian tradition
• 30g Imperial Oscietra Gold - traditionally reserved for royalty
• 30g Beluga - king of the Caspian sea
All accompanied with toast and crème fraîche & ice-cold mineral water to cleanse the palate.
The training includes:
• Brief history of Sturgeon & Caviar trade
• Caviar culture and prominence: James Bond effect
• A guide to Baerii, Imperial Oscietra & Beluga: how to distinguish between the different varieties
• The etiquette of serving & handling caviar
• ‘V’ is for vodka: what drinks to offer
• The art of eating & enjoying caviar: tongue or teeth?
Certificate of attendance
At the end of the session participants will be issued with a Caviar Artisan certificate of attendance.
Terms & Conditions
1. *For guests requiring non-alcoholic drinks, substitutions can be made. Please notify us in advance
2. All participants must be 18 years or over. Where necessary ID will be required as proof of age. You will be asked to confirm age requirements at time of booking.
3. Twenty four hours advance booking required
4. Cancellation policy: Full payment taken at time of booking and is NON- REFUNDABLE & NON-CHANGEABLE
5. Refunds are not issued for cancellations/ no-show. Date cannot be changed once booking is confirmed.
6. Food may contain main food allergens and may not be suitable for food intolerance / allergy sufferers. Gluten free alternative can be provided, please contact Caviar Artisan BEFORE making your booking.